We’ve had a quiet couple of weeks as far as runners but we’ve had some beautiful sunny days. A bit of rain would help for a few of our horses now.
Still the yard is very busy, possibly the first 2 yr old runners coming up this week and we have a lot of options for the Club horses May onwards.
Bird For Life came back from the Lingfield run a bit sore on her hind leg and isn’t quite 100% at the moment , so we’ll give her more time & look for something in the coming weeks.
She is now 56 rated on the AW & 51 on the turf. We may look at a turf run , possibly Chepstow where she won , but will monitor her & the weather forecast so the going is suitable.
Bird To Love wasn’t in foal when scanned, she has since been back to Cityscape and we await her next scan. There is a good race for her on 4th May at Lingfield, a 1m4f Apprentice Handicap but we still aren’t very clear on the effect racing has on her chances of getting in foal so we may leave it another week or two. As soon as she is scanned in foal we would have more confidence to run her.
Born To Please has jumps & flat races in May. She would definitely need a bit of rain for Newton Abbot 5th May 2m2f Mares Hurdle 0-105 Handicap. There are two lovely races on the flat for her at Sandown later in May, 20th May Sandown 1m1f 56-75 Fillies Handicap and 27th May Sandown 1m2f 56-75 Handicap. Possibly favouring the Fillies handicap , but we’ll be in touch closer to race dates.
Misu Pete is doing a grand job leading the 2 yr olds up the gallops, now they are close to a run, in faster work as well. I don’t want to call time on his career just jet. If we had some definitely soft in the going I’d like to send him to Nottingham 1m Apprentice race on the 8th May.
Miracle Of Medinah is coming along nicely & hopefully back on the track end of May. If he was ready in time we could go back to Newbury for the race he ran in 2 years ago. He would be a lot better off in the weights this time which will hopefully help as he’s getting a bit older. The 31st May is another possible target in a Windsor 0-85 6f Handicap. I think this time around we probably won’t run on very firm ground, we will stay in the range of good/good to firm. We just want to keep him safe and sound and have what fun we can with him.
All the race dates above worth putting in your diaries, we’ll keep you updated of any changes or new race dates in regular weekly emails going forward.
Finally a couple of things .
Our Club website will hopefully be up & running soon . I’ll let you know when it goes LIVE !!!
I can’t thank you enough for your continued support over the years & the last year which has been a difficult for everyone.
Hopefully we are now starting to see a bit of normality coming back, I’ll be looking to organise a get together for the Club members at the yard.
With restrictions easing in the coming months, I’ll look at possibly dates & be in touch .
Stay well , stay safe.